Tuesday, July 26, 2016

"Just Laughing the Whole Way."


Somebody spelled my name wrong.  With Elder Stout.

With Elder Stout (comp) and Elder Jarrett
HeYYYYYYYYYYYYY

So turns out Elder Stout’s parents are stalking me on Facebook and my blog.  So I just wanna throw out Hey Parents of Elder Stout!  You guys must be awesome, because your son is the BEST!!!  We’ve had WAY too much fun this week!  Toooo much.  It’s been a killer week with 43 lessons and a zone training and running from place to place, always way too busy to get everything done.  So, parents of Elder Stout ... don’t worry, I’m taking good care of him and he will be with you soon.  Just 3 weeks.  Until then ... we gonna work!

This week has been so chill.  Actually not chill, I really would say FUN is the best word to say it. We just run, run, run from one place to the other, teaching and going on fun assignments and just laughing the whole way.  So, more info on where I’m at.  Churubusco is actually IN Iztapalapa ... but not in the Iztapalapa Stake ... so I lied in my last email. But, it’s much prettier here than where I’ve previously been. There’s lots of work in our area ... we had 5 at church on Sunday ... and lots of work in the zone to do.  Tomorrow we will be giving a 45 minute training to like 300 youth from 3 neighboring stakes and that’s gonna be rough.  We have no idea what to do.  Then we have to do another training with our zone, all the young single adults, and a zone conference, which is much bigger and more formal, in just a few weeks.  On top of that, each Monday we are in the offices reporting with the assistants and Prez and getting counsel from them.  Our zone is 25 missionaries and 12 of those are sisters. Our area is on a big hill and we are constantly running up and down it trying to fit in as many lessons as we can and I’m sweating more than ever before ... lately it’s felt much hotter here.  On Sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting and got to meet the ward. It’s a great ward that is really united and loves the missionaries. I’d say half the ward that attends church are recent converts who have been baptized in this past year. There’s been lots of success here recently.  I love my comp. When I was in Ajusco he was in the neighboring mountain town so we got to know each other well and had plenty of crazy stories to share about our mountain branches.  We are going like crazy and never have a spare moment. We usually don’t ever get to bed on time for all the reporting and planning that we have to do.  But it’s fun.  We have lots of fun.  And I’m very, very, very happy to be here. 

So, I heard Logan gets home on Wednesday. I wanna shout out to him, too.  He’s been a best friend and hero of mine for many years now.  I can’t believe his mission is at an end, but I’m so excited to see what he does next.  I’m sure he will be successful in whatever he does and I hope he knows I love him!  So, Logan, stay strong buddy.  I’ll see you soon. Make every day count and don’t forget to go out and work with the missionaries every now and then! :P

Loves to all.  All be well.

Elder McClure


With the Office staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment