Monday, November 2, 2015

"Now, That's the Power of the Mission!"

November 2, 2015




HELLO!

Wow, I love me them weeks that keep flying and keep rocking!!!  So today our Mexican friend made us this weird dish that consists of ground beef that isn’t cooked with heat but cooked with lemon juice ... so pretty much I ate a bunch of lemon tasting raw meat.  It was nasty and so we were talking and laughing how we might end up back in the hospital and then we realized that we went to the hospital September 15, and now it’s NOVEMBER!  WOW, time flies!  But really I could end up back in the hospital ... the food was nasty.  Say an extra prayer for me, would ya?

So much has happened and I just love it all.  I can’t tell you how many ghost stories I’ve heard this week. Mexicans really are into their dreams and just weird stuff, especially with Day of the Dead and all.  Did you know their Halloween lasts 3 days?  Way too long in my opinion.  That’s 3 days of us running-from-drunk-guys too many.  One thing I’ve learned about little pueblos or little towns like Ajusco is that most people are very set in their ways.  It’s hard for them to change.  I don’t know why that is, but I’ve met some very hard to help people while being up here.  Nevertheless, I absolutely love it up here.  I can breathe and I can wake up in the morning and see sheep right outside my window and smell the fresh poop smell drifting through the cracked window.  Really life doesn’t get any better than this!

So that piñata we had ... ya, we broke it.  We beat it silly and it was sooo much fun.  I have a 10 min. video of it that I’d love to send home, but videos don’t send ... sad stuff. 

We didn’t get to meet with our investigator this week and he didn’t come to church.  I’m pretty bummed, but there’s not a whole lot I can do.  I’ve done what I can.  Now it’s up to him. 
Oh, I totally needed new shower sandals ... sooo I totally got the sickest shoes for 9 bucks!!!  They are like Crocs, but better and super stylish.  I fit in here too well.   I’m pretty much Mexican. 
Anywho, that’s my week for ya.  Life’s going good--no real complaints, just happiness.  Now, that’s the power of the mission!

Sheep outside my window.
Eating raw meat with lemon juice.

My new sick shower shoes!



No comments:

Post a Comment