Monday, October 26, 2015

Transforming Ajusco

October 26, 2015

 

Man this week has been a week, let me tell ya--like a whole week, nothing more,... and nothing less.  I feel weeked out.  Good thing it’s Monday and it’s a new week!

What happened this week?  Hmm ... I’d say a lot, but really man my mission brain is making every week and day seem the same and just like it’s missionary work and then before you know it you’re writing home again and you’re all like well ... it’s been another week.  Yup, a week it has been.

Ahh, week 11 with my son Elder Miller!  If you didn’t know, training takes 12 weeks ... sooo ... ya week 11 is a big week.  He is in charge of all planning for the week and also pretty much he’s like senior comp.  It’s pretty nice, really.  I’m just gonna sit me back and see how he does.  I’m sure he´ll do fine. He’s a smart kid.  But man another training almost done.  It’s funny to see I’ve been out almost a year and only had one 6 week change where I wasn’t training or being trained. Wow.

I bought me some sick new kicks this week--just in time for the rain!  They are Flexi brand and are super sick.  Paying 650 pesos was one of the hardest things to do in my entire life, but then after I did the math and found really I only spent 43 bucks and got a sick pair of shoes and I’m rocking them.

Thank goodness this hurricane thing didn’t hit us all at.  We got some rain and some cool fog, but that’s it.  All is safe and sound.

My comp had to go to immigration again this week, so I spent all of Thursday chillin’ in the offices chattin’ with the office elders.  Man them office elders have a boring life.  After about 2 hours I was going insane.  This time there was no puzzle for me to do and Prez was at conferences, so really man, bored I was.

Our investigator Antonio is pluggin’ along!  He’s got 5 weeks in the chapel which makes him dunkin’ ready, but we still have a lot to teach and he won’t commit to a date.  It’s hard and frustrating, but hey I’m just glad I have someone to teach.

After spending almost 3 changes in this mountainous town I’ve felt a little down with seeing how little I’ve done--not one baptism, few lessons every week ... the whole shabang.  But really, this week I’ve been able to see with new eyes and from a different view and wow, how blessed I have been!  When I got here the missionaries had no relationship with the branch.  There was just a lot of fighting with the leaders and really just bad feelings all around.  Now we are finally involving the members in the work, people actually kind of respect us, we have ward councils, and we have a ward mission leader.  Things are actually happening.  Maybe I wasn’t good for the baptisms up here in Ajusco, but I’m so grateful to have played a small role in helping transform the branch. That right there is worth 4.5 months of my life, for all service is good in the eyes of God.

Elder Jarrett’s B-day was this week.  My comp and I went all out with a Mexican piñada.  Still haven’t broken it, but yeah ... it’s pretty sweet.  We know how to party here in Mexico.
All is well.  I’m safe and happy and hittin’ the pavement ... well dirt ... hard with them new shoes I gots myself.

Elder McClure


Lovin’ it




No comments:

Post a Comment