Tuesday, September 6, 2016

"I'm Not the Sharpest Tool in the Shed"

Elder Tams, the only other white zone leader in the mission. 
Well, well, well ... a longggg week it has been.  I’m honestly exhausted.  With it being the 1st week of this change we didn’t really have to do anything with the zone which means we had ALL week long to be in our area working … and it felt like eternity.  It was good to be in our area for once working, but man the days just get long when you’re doing just one thing all day long.  We looked for new investigators and less actives and taught a little bit, but not much.  We are looking at dropping a few people that really aren’t progressing how we’d like and we are very hopeful we can swap them out with people we can find that really progress well.  The problem is that we have the bestest investigator ever named Gabriel, and so when we have other people that don’t progress like him, it’s hard to keep teaching them.  But we are seeing what we are going to do.

We have some awesome things coming up, but I can’t talk about them right now because some are surprises and I can’t tell them secrets yet in case someone sees this blog that shouldn’t.  But I’m excited.

I’ll have exciting news in just a few weeks.  For now, we are planning for our zone training that’ll be this Friday.  I’m a little stressed.  We don’t know what we are going to train on yet, but we know we gotta make it good and do something fun that the missionaries will be able to remember super good.  So we have a training and also baptism interviews to do.

Yesterday we had a really cool council with President and he taught us some really cool stuff about leadership and being the example.  Oh man, I forgot to talk about my new comp and that’s like all you guys wanna hear.  Well he’s pretty awesome!  Elder Herrera is really quiet and just does his work and ya … end of story.  I love it.  He’s ready and willing to work and is helpful and that’s the end of it!  Oh, and he knows the doctrine really well, which I love because I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed and he really helps out on some of them hard questions.  So really it’s all going well.  I’m pretty healthy besides a migraine … and working good-- just plugging along for now.  Not much new or cool, just work.

No complaints.  That’s it for now.

Loves,

Elder McClure

My new companion, is  Elder Herrera, the shortest elder in this group.




No comments:

Post a Comment