Thursday, September 15, 2016

Eyeball and Tongue Tacos . . . Yum!!!!!


Eating cow eyeball and tongue tacos!!!!

Elder McClure and his companion, Elder Herrera
Churro - filled with cream and berry jam.
Hmmm, what might I say about this week?  It’s been a great week and the best part is it went by really quick!  We didn’t have no dragging along like last week!  My companion and I are killin’ it in our area and are also having a ton of fun going and working with the elders in the zone!  We had a wonderful zone training last Friday that went really smoothly and turned out to be a success!  I’m hoping Mom already saw the pics up on FB from Sister Mecham.  We also taught 38 lessons and found 4 new people to teach. After our zone training on Friday, the assistants went with us back to our area to work for the day.  We went on splits and taught a ton of lessons and I had a grand ol’ time with one of my great friends from the mission, Elder Erickson.  He goes home in 4 weeks so I gotta get my share of him before he goes!

On Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to do another baptismal interview and it was my first time failing someone.  It was a real stressor.   But the most wonderful part was feeling the Spirit helping me to ask specific questions and learn what I needed to learn.  What a wonderful experience.  I have another interview set up with this person for the 24th and I’m very excited to see his progress. 

At church on Sunday we met a young, less active mom that brought her 2 daughters to church and they are like 9 and 10 years old and we are super jacked for teaching them.  I love teaching part-member families and helping them work together towards temple covenants!

Really, this whole week was very enjoyable and full of hard work.  We are seeing some very nice progress in our area and zone and very excited to see what we will be able to do in this change.  We are already on week 3!!!  ahhhhhh

This week is the big September 15th Independence Day celebration and we will be in our houses early each night so we can stay safe.  I plan on getting caught up on my Book of Mormon study--so much to do and so little time to do it.

Life is good.
Loves,
Elder McClure


Zone Training Meeting
Part of what we gave everyone at the Zone Training Meeting.  "Behold, I am the light which ye shall hold up-"  3 Nephi 18:24
Torta
"Well, they repaved the street in front of our stake center and Mexican streets are usually really, really dirty ...  So I took the liberty of kissing it before it got dirty."



No comments:

Post a Comment