Monday, March 28, 2016

A Sweet Week ... Strawberries and Brain Worms


100 Balls for the Easter Egg Hunt

Let the Hunt begin!


HAPPY LATE EASTER Y’ALL!

WOO, it’s been a sweet week!

First things first, turns out that strawberries grown here in Mexico are really bad for you and if you eat them you get worms growing in your brains … or something like that … so I’ve already stopped my short tradition of malts in the morning L  How sad.  I really love them strawberries.

Woo, so this whole last week was called Holy Week and it got pretty lonely here!  Everyone was on vacation and went to the beach or other places and we were left alone walking in the streets with just about nothing to do.  BUT IT WAS AWESOME!  We still worked real good and taught lots of lessons with the few people that were still here. My Highlight of the week was the GIANT EASTER EGG HUNT WE DID FOR THE GARCIA CHILDREN!  Yeah, they are my bros.  These children are our neighbors and are our off road tricycling buddies and I just love them so much that I decided to blow a LOT of money so that they could experience the true joys of an Easter egg hunt.  The problem is, plastic Easter eggs don’t exist here so I had to buy 100 balls and then cut them open and stuff them with candy!  It was epic!  Then on Saturday we went like 3 houses over to the chapel and hid the eggs all over the church grounds.  A half hour later we had 8 or 9 little kids ready to do some looking and finding!   Anywho, it was sooo fun and everyone was so happy and on such a sugar high ... no complaints … no complaints.

I had a goal to finish the Book of Mormon for the 2nd time in Spanish on Easter Sunday and I did just that.  It was even more special because this time around I marked every time it named one of the members of the Godhead.  In doing so I was able to grow closer to God.  I really realized how much the scriptures talk about God and how much He loves and blesses his children.  It was wonderful.  I figured it was good to finish on Easter Sunday in remembrance of the joy and hope I have, thanks to my Savior Jesus Christ.  It was an incredible experience and has boosted my on-going testimony of the Book of Mormon.

The other miracle on that beautiful Easter Sunday was our lesson with Emma. I love Emma. She has such faith and a while back she told us she would be baptized once God had confirmed it with her.  She says that God always responds to her in 3s.  So we waited patiently and kept teaching her and yesterday, Easter Sunday, she shared with us that she received her 3rd confirmation.  WOOOO!  So we set a baptismal date for the 16 of April!  I’m so excited!  And also Papa Palafox is filling out the forms for his baptism.  We set it a week back because of General Conference and so his date is the 9th of April! Miracles are a happening!

General Conference is almost here!  I can NOT wait!    WOOOOOOOOO!   Blessings all around!  I’m so jacked.   Can’t wait to hear the prophet’s voice and hear people talk in ENGLISH!
Love you all,

Thanks for the prayers.   I can feel them.


Elder McClure


Melon Bash


Horse Meat Taco.  Yummm!
Angel fixing my pants!


No comments:

Post a Comment