Monday, February 8, 2016

Week-long Trial!!

Shawn made this Skylinyl for Riley!!
Shawn's Skylinyl on display in Riley's apartment.
This week was a week-long trial!  Wait … the trial is still on so maybe it’s more than a week long.  Either way, it lasted all last week.  I love me some trials.

Last Monday was a great, great day until I wrote home and then I realized I was sick with an instant fever.  I ended my P-day at 6pm and then taught the district meeting.  It was a terrible meeting.  I was so sick.  Everyone wanted to say goodbye to my comp and so we were hugging people and laughing and we got invited to tacos and my comp wanted to go so we went, but I didn’t eat anything.  I just sat there moaning until we got home and then I slept all night and got up early to go to transfers still sick.  It was rough. 

As we arrived at transfers, the assistant came up to me and told me that I would be receiving an elder that was with his family on Sunday, had spent the night at the Mexican MTC and was now on his way to our mission.  They didn’t know his name, where he was from, which mission was his real mission or anything.  Still sick as a dog, all I managed to say was "yay".  Anywho, Elder Gomez got to the transfers quicker than they had thought, so I didn’t have to wait long (even though I had already sent my ride home because I thought I’d be waiting many hours for my new comp to arrive).  Elder Gomez is from the north part of Mexico City and his mission is Salt Lake City, Utah.  He is currently waiting for his visa and so, in the meantime, he’s in our mission with me.  We figure he will be here with me 3-5 months before his visa comes.  That’s a long time!  Anywho, we went from transfers back to our area in a taxi and got super lost.  I was sick and couldn’t do anything.  By a miracle we got back to the house where I crashed on my bed for a few hours.

I didn’t want my comp to be stuck at the house, all thinking about home and so this week even though I was super sick, we worked our tails off.  Thursday and Friday I didn’t even have a voice, which was really funny because I got us to the lesson, but then my comp was left alone to teach.  It’s been a long week but I’m getting better and feel decent today.  We found new people to teach and taught some really good lessons and just hope that this week is better.  The first week with a new comp is always hard, so now we got that over with and also the sickness also almost over with, so we are looking good for this week.  But let me tell you, it’s been a week!  Not much more to say.  Just li’l ol’ me living the life in Mexico.  All is más o menos well!


Elder McClure

District Meeting last Monday night.  Last night with Elder Cumbe.
Petita turned 100 and Elder Gomez and I celebrataed with her!!
It was really cold out and we were returning home after a long day of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment