Monday, June 15, 2015

Well Howdy!!


Riley with Elder Walker in the hospital

June 15, 2015

Hey guys,

This week’s been a real crazzzy one!   There’s so much I wanna tell, but really I don’t know how to tell it all and so you might just have to wait for the whole story until I get home.

But for a really quite lovely summary, this week started off with a real great P-day (Preparation Day) and then went downhill from there very fast!   We left real early Tuesday morning for a zone conference and on the bus ride there my comp got a little sicky-sick.   We got to the zone conference without having to clean up a mess, thankfully;  but then I pretty much missed the entire conference because we were in the bathroom ... a lot!   The saddest part for me was missing the testimonies of my Mission President and his wife.   It was our last conference with them because they leave in 2 weeks.   But anywho, my comp was hurlin’ and moaning and not doing good at all.   Long story short, the President and his esposa  (wife) rushed us to the hospital where my comp could get some medical attention.   As my comp got plugged in with the IV and all, my president took me to the restaurant nearby and I got to have 45 minutes of one-on-one time with him and that was probably the highlight of the week and a super cool experience.   I really feel like I got to know him and of course that happens right as he is about to end his calling!   Anywho, we were at the hospital for 24 hours and I got to know the nurses real well and learned how to fill out pages and pages of info that were all in Spanish!   I got to sleep on a couch in the room--but no pillow or blanket-- and those darn nurses kept coming in and flippin’ on the light and waking me up and having me sign things!

What an awesome experience!  Anywho, we spent the rest of the week recovering and now it’s Monday again and I just pray this week goes a little better than last!  My comp is all better now.   Something had been wrong with his stomach and he said the whole experience was the most painful time that he’s ever felt in his life.  I’ve learned that hospitals are actually pretty fun to explore in and that IVs aren’t really that scary when they are in your comp and not you. 

This week we have a baptism planned for Hermana Fernanda, the sister of Rebecca and the daughter of Silvia. 

I’m healthy, ready to work, excited for this week, and ready to preach some Gospel!

Love,

Elder McClure


 
Mission President and His Wife along with Riley's Comp from the Missionary Training Center

No comments:

Post a Comment