Monday, May 25, 2015

South of the Border Fever!!


 May 25, 2015

Hello from Mexico!  I firstly want to say that I’m sorry, but I’m not going to write a big email today.  I have a fever and I feel very poorly and I don’t have much energy;  but I figured I still needed to get here to the internet cafe and write you guys so you don’t think I’m dead!   I’m doing great.   My week was great and cambios (transfers) are tomorrow;  but I’m not leaving.  Elder Marsh is, though.  So, I’m kinda bummed but it’s all good.   I got 6 more weeks in this area and then I’ll finish the training and leave this area!  I’m sure it’ll fly by!   Technically, this is my 6 month mark on the mish, but I don’t count the CCM, so really I have 4.5! 

But yeah, I ate a lot of tacos this week (probably why I’m sick) and we caught a caterpillar, but I’m pretty sure it’s dead now.  The other elders in our ward had a baptism Saturday so this Sunday we had 3 people get confirmed.   It was sooo great!   Yeah, life’s real good and time is flying by!  This place is a desert, so it gets chilly at night, but in the sun during the day it’s so hot I wanna die.   Even if it says it’s only like 85 ... it’s hot and we walk a tonnnnnn!   But yeah, all is well and Elder Walker is coming along just fine with his Spanish!   Can’t believe we are half way done with his training!

The temple looks so beautiful and rich!!!  (We sent him pictures of the under-construction Fort Collins Colorado Temple.)  My heck! I can’t wait to go there someday!

Keep me in your prayers so I can get better fast!   I don’t like being sick ... I just wanna work!   Is that too much to ask for?!

Love you guys!  Keep it up and parents ... good luck with Nauvoo!   So jealous I’m not there, but man I’ll be with you guys in spirit!

Elder McClure



1 comment:

  1. Riley,
    Que buenas experiencias has tenido en tu mision. Espero que sigas disfrutando de conocer gente, aprender espanol, y probar platos nuevos mexicanos. Tu mama y hermana nos pasaron tu direccion de blog y ha sido muy interesante seguir tus experiencias. Que estes bien y continues con tus proyectos. Saludos, Liliana Castro.

    ReplyDelete