Monday, May 11, 2015

Miracles Happen!


Skyping with Riley!


Don’t have a ton of time to write, but I would like to share a little somethin’ that happened this past week.

Before I share though ... let me SHOUT OUT to my great fantastic Beautiful and very patient mother with the knowledge that yesterday was the greatest day of them all! EL DIA DE LA MADRE

Skyping my family was just about the greatest present I could have had this past week, but as I think, there’s also something else that I learned that was just about as amazing.  I’m talking miracles.  Miracles are hard to grasp.  They seem rare and I’m sure that if you looked closer ... or maybe stood farther back and had a better perspective of life, maybe they wouldn’t be so hard to see ... but either way, this week I have witnessed a miracle.

About 2 weeks ago we were teaching a lesson to 2 of our investigators, Pedro and Sacnite, (who will soon be 2 of our converts) about the priesthood and the power behind this authority that we have on the earth.  During the lesson we brought up administering to people, giving priesthood blessings, if they ask;  and at this comment Sacnite asked if her mother could have a priesthood blessing and that her mother had been asking if that’s something we could give her as missionaries.  We agreed of course and her mother came upstairs and explained to us a little of why she needed this blessing.  Her sister’s child had been abducted and the ransom fee was 1,000,000 American dollars.  She was a mess and very emotional and obviously worried about her sister and family, so we readily gave her a priesthood blessing of comfort to help her in this very, very difficult time.

In the blessing I had a very strong prompting to tell Sacnite’s mother that everything would be OK.  I didn’t know what that meant, and I didn’t really want to say it because I didn’t want to say something that strong!  Heck, I don’t even know Spanish, but I said it.  I said it 3 times in a row. Afterward, she thanked us deeply and told us she felt much peace during the blessing.

So back to this week, this week we had another lesson with Pedro and Sacnite and they told us the news that the abducted girl was rescued and was safe and sound, without any harm.  What a miracle!  How incredible!  This is Mexico ... the police don’t even help with situations like this.  The probability of her being brought home was slim.  But somehow, without having to pay 1 million dollars this young girl was saved and is home, safe now.  What a testimony builder that is for me ... and also their whole family as they witnessed this blessing that we gave and then this miracle happening just a few days after.   I have a testimony of the Priesthood!   Through our worthiness, obedience and faith we can witness miracles.  I’m so grateful for this gift that God has given us in this life, this ability to call upon the powers of heaven to bless others.   I know God lives.  He loves us. He’s watching over us and He wants to help us.  Miracles happen. 

With much love,
Elder McClure


 
We were loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment