Monday, June 6, 2016

Work, Work, Work!!!

Our Happy Missionary!
Part of his package from home.
L to R:  Grandson, son, Riley, dad, and grand-dad.  5 Generations. 

We left the window open one evening and when we got back to the house, my bed was covered in hail. The crazy part is that my bed is on the other side of the room from the window.
Hey y’all,

We had cambios today and Elder Iglesias is off and about to be home in just 2 days! Pretty exciting! 
We had a good last week together and ended the cambio happy I believe. My new comp is Elder Carrillo! He’s here from Mexico and is like my old comp Elder Gomez in the fact that he is waiting for his visa and his real misión is Riverside California English speaking! I’ve spent about 2 hours with him now and I think he will be a great comp! This is his 3rd cambio in the misión and so he should be headed out to the states by next change. The fun part is he already knows a bit of English and so we have fun practicing.  I like his accent.

Pres saw me at cambios and only said one thing to me. That he wants me to baptize 12 people. So work, work, work.  Let’s go to work and see what we can do.  12 would be wonderful.

Wonderful news! I’m not district leader! Our ward got put into another district supposedly and so now we are a huge district and Elder Davis, my papi from the mish, is our district leader. I’m happy. 
I didn’t want to go back to being district leader.

Oh, also said goodbye to Elder Galindo. He also goes home on Wednesday. That was hard, but I’m excited for him. I’ll send pics soon. All is well. About to get back to work and see what we can do.


Elder McClure

A difficult good-bye to Elder Galindo.

Zone Conference
Family Home Evening



1 comment:

  1. Hey Riley I'm so glad your having a great time in Mexico City and pursuing great things on your mission. It's been awhile lol. Hope everything continues to go well for you down there and hopefully when you come back this fall/ winter we can catch up!

    Love,
    Coreen Norwood

    ReplyDelete