Monday, June 27, 2016

Gotta Love Mexico!!

My bud. At first he was scared of me when I tried to shake his hand. But now we are good friends.

The two other elders serving in my ward.
We celebrated 1/2 Christmas this year by eating delicious burritos which really aren't a thing here - only in Northern Mexico and in the States.  I ate 1 and 1/2  and was stufffffffffed.  My comp ate 8.  
This is my white Mexican compl, Elder Carillo.
Well, well, well … another greaattt week in our small ward.
We got a bishop!!!!  WOOOOOO!  He was the 1st counselor before, but now he holds keys (of priesthood authority as an ordained bishop) so we are excited to see some progress and decision making take place!

This week was super bomb with lessons just like last week.  We only taught 40 lessons, but that’s ok because Tuesday I got to take a field trip to the policlinica and get my ear checked out. It had been hurting for some time.  Turns out I had a throat and ear infection.  Now, 400 pills later I feel amazing.  And while I was there I also was able to get my foot checked out.  Turns out it wasn’t like fungus or nothin’ but just an allergy of some sort. Gotta love feet problems. But ... now I’m good as new--so no worries about Elder McClure!

One of the pills I have been taking for the infection reminds me a lot of Dramamine and I was having to take 3 a day.  Well, it works like Dramamine as in it makes me reallllly tired.  I think I fell asleep during a few lessons, but that’s ok.  That’s what comps are for.

We also got the chance to work on exchanges with our zone leaders for a day.  I really love my zone leaders and they are always so fun to be around.  We worked hard and learned a lot from them.  Sadly I don’t think I took a picture of our intercambios.

We had some really great lessons this week and the highlight was finding a family of 7 to teach. Actually, it was last Sunday when the dad pulled over (almost hitting us) and got out to ask us what we were all about.  Long story short we wrote down his directions and he lives right behind us!  We are neighbors!  And his family is very interested in our message so we are really hoping for some awesomeness there.

It’s rained a lot.  It’s hot.   Life’s good.   There’s lots of work.  What more can I ask for? 

Oh, interesting fact for the day ...

My front door neighbors are ostriches--like for reals.  It’s an ostrich farm.
Gotta love Mexico!

Elder McClure

P.S. I’m writing right now and an earthquake alarm just went off.  I didn’t feel anything but it’s pretty exciting. The alarm is super loud and out in the street.  Gotta love Mexico!


These chairs are amazing!
Eatin' good!
Looking out our window.




1 comment:

  1. love reading about your mission. Keep up the good work. Glad to hear the doctors took good care of you, and you are on the mend. May the Lord bless you and all yall in the mission field! Love, from Sister Jolene Ward

    ReplyDelete