Monday, May 16, 2016

Hello from Meyehualco!


With new companion, Elder Iglesias, at the internet cafe today.
So my new area’s pretty chill.  It’s a nice small ward (not in boundary lines but in members) and everyone seems to get along with everyone which is a big change and really nice.  We walk a lot.  I don’t know why we walk a lot, but man we do-- A LOT.  And man the cement really heats up here.  Sometimes I feel that my shoes are going to melt off my feet!  The space bar on this darn computer keeps sticking!  AHH!  It’s making me not want to write too much, haha.

We found 7 new people this week to teach.  7!   It was awesome.  And we have 9 people who all have a set baptismal date.  But the bad part is that we didn’t have anyone at church on Sunday.  My comp blames me.  He says it’s all the white guy’s fault.  So, ya I think I brought a little bad luck, but we are hoping to change things around this week.  But yes, we got plenty of work for the moment.

My comp goes home in 3 weeks and so we get to go to the temple on Wednesday!!  AGAIN for me!   WOOOOO!  I’m so excited!  And then we also have a Zone Conference on Friday with Pres and the assistants!  And then Stake conference on Sunday!  Go us!  Lots to do and not enough time to do it!  I love it!

My comp cuts hair … it’s pretty handy.  I saved me a good 40 pesos!  Everyone here in the ward is planning going away parties for my comp.  All I hear all day long is "I’m out of here in 4 weeks", "I’m out of here in 3 weeks and 6 days", "I’m out of here in 3 weeks, 5 days and a couple of hours," and so forth.  It’s hard, but fun.  Sending two missionaries home within one month is really hard on a missionary--especially me.  Our ward has no bishop and that complicates things, but we figure this Sunday at stake conference we will get a new one. 

Tomorrow we are eating fish.  I’m so excited!  It’ll be like the 2nd time in 2 years!   WOOOOOOOOO

All is well.  Back to work.

Love,

Elder McClure

Riley's companion and their apartment on the 3rd floor



No comments:

Post a Comment