Monday, July 6, 2015

Good-bye Iztapalapa!


Hurray for Pizza!!
Super weird fruta called leeches that taste ... kinda like grapes. 
July 6, 2015

Hey Y’all,

So um, first off ... saw that picture of my boy Jacob Clark and all, and HOLY COW, he’s already home!  Can’t believe my eye balls!  Congrats to him and boy do I miss him.

OK, now to the other, not so important stuff:

Well we have a new president and I got to meet him last Wednesday and WOW he’s AMAZING!  Talk about a man of God!  And his wife ... she and I are gonna get along just great. She’s so so so so so so so so funny!!!!!!  Anywho, we had a zone conference to get to know him and his main message was "be 100% obedient" ... pretty interesting huh!  I love it!  That’s what it’s all about!  Success and happiness are what come from this whole obedience thing.  I love it!
Anywho, it was my turn to stand up and introduce myself in this conference and I mentioned that I was from Fort Collins and they both in one voice were all "our daughter lives there!!!!" and I was all like "Score"-- new favorite right here!  No not true, but anywho, ya their daughter is in Fort Collins so that’s pretty sweet.  I think I got an “in” with them for sure!! Hahaha--no.  Anywho, they are amazing and I’m so excited to get to know them better and work with them in this sacred work. 

This week was a good one, but very slow, might I say.  Not many lessons and the heat has kicked in -- and rain. los dos (both).   The reward at the end of the week was having 7 investigadores in the chapel on Sunday!  How amazing right???!?!!  We were so happy and 4 are a family--parents and 2 daughters.  They are the ones with the bunny and I’m so excited for them.  We don’t have many investigators, but the ones we have are really good and progressing, so it’s so wonderful.  I’m so happy!

Ok, now the scary news!  I’m getting transferred!  I know not where and with whom ... but tomorrow I’ll be off to a new land with a new comp and boy my adrenalin just can’t stop pumping!  Iztapalapa has been my home for all my mission and here I have made new friends, found much success, seen miracles, felt true happiness and grown spiritually in a way my little brain can’t even comprehend.  Leaving is going to be so hard, but I’m so excited for what lies ahead! 

I feel so, so blessed right now in my life and I’m so, so happy I just can’t put it into words. Serving the Lord really is the best thing any 19 year-old-boy could do. 

Next week get ready for the big news on where I am and who my comp is.

Elder McClure


My Mexican grandmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment