Monday, April 20, 2015

Another Colorado BIG BOY!


My New Comp, Elder Walker from Cortez, CO

I love this crummy city!
April 20, 2015

Hey ya,

Elder McClure here just living it up in the hottest city there is!   My new comp is really awesome!  His name is Elder Walker and he’s from 4 Corners, Colorado!  Yup that’s right--we 2 Coloradans living life in royal DF (District Federal)!   He’s 6’ 3” and 215 lbs!   We are talking BIG BOY!  haha   He fits right in with us big boys.  haha   I’m sure proud to be the dad of such a big strong young man!

We had much success this week, teaching 32 lessons and learning how to live with each other which can always be a struggle at first.  But we are good and have rocked our time together so far!   He likes to skydive and lives on a farm and drives tractors and had like 3 cars in high school, and it’s safe to say he’s a bit redneck, if you know what I mean.  Haha   We get along fine and really sometimes it’s hard to do my additional study that I like to do because we talk so much, just about random stuff.

Hermana Silvia is set to be baptized in 2 Saturdays and we are super, super excited for this date! Man oh man!   We also have encountered a few new investigators ... one being the family that lives right above us!  We have lots of work to do and we are pumped to get pumpin’!

This week has been a stressor for sure, but really I did good!  The sad part is I was so stressed that I didn’t capture any super funny moments that I could write home about!  Just work, work, work!

Yesterday we had the chance to give 3 priesthood blessings, in one day!   Wow!   We are talking 3!   That’s a lot!   My little Elder McClure self has a hard time handling stuff like that!   That’s waaayyy too much spiritual POW for one day!   But really, what a blessing it was for us to do!   I love being able to truly help people.  It brings such joy and it’s always just a constant reminder of why I’m here and how much I love this crummy city!

Elder McClure is tired and needs a nap and wishes he could take one, but P-day is just about up! Entonces

Elder McClure is out!

Love ya

Pedro & Sacnite with Elder Davis

My last district.  Elder Brown went home. Elder Davis transferred.



No comments:

Post a Comment